Biography Otto Scharmer
He has further developed this approach with the employees of the former MIT in the past few years. This approach is used across the globe and his book ‘Theory U’ is available in 15 languages.
Scharmer obtained a Master’s degree (MSc.) and his doctorate (Ph.D.) in economics and management from the University of Witten/Herdecke in Germany. Otto Scharmer is active as a visiting professor at the Helsinki School of Economics.
Otto Scharmer is enthused by innovation. He chairs the MIT IDEAS programme and helps groups of managers and professionals from business, government and foundations stimulate innovation within their environments. Scharmer has worked in Africa, Asia and Europe and he has delivered leadership and innovation programmes for companies including Daimler, Eileen Fisher, PriceWaterhouse, Fujitsu, Google and Natura .
“The only change that will make a difference is the transformation of the human heart.”
–Claus Otto Scharmer
Publications and books by Otto Scharmer et al.
- 2013. Leading from the emerging future: From ego-system to eco-system economies. Berrett-Koehler Publishers.
- 2009. Theory U: Leading from the Future as It Emerges, Berrett-Koehler, San Francisco.
- 2008. Uncovering the blind spot of leadership, Journal: Leader To Leader, no. 47, pp. 52-59.
- 2008. Community action research: Learning as a community of practitioners, consultants and researchers. Sage Publications.
- 2005. Building Ba to Enhance Knowledge Creation and Innovation at Large Firms.
- 2005. Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People, ‘Organizations, and Society’.
- 2001. Humility and Ignorance: What It Takes to Be an Effective Process Consultant, Journal: Reflections: The Sol Journal , vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 8-19.
- 2001. Praxis Pentagon of Organizational Learning, Journal: Reflections: The Sol Journal, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 36-45.
- 2001. Self-transcending knowledge: sensing and organizing around emerging opportunities, Journal of Knowledge Management, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 137-151.
- 2000. Universities As the Birthplace for the Entrepreneuring Human Being 1.
How to cite this article:
Van Vliet, V. (2012). Claus Otto Scharmer. Retrieved [insert date] from ToolsHero: http://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/claus-otto-scharmer/
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”http://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/claus-otto-scharmer”>ToolsHero.com: Claus Otto Scharmer</a>
Did you find this article interesting?
Your rating is more than welcome or share this article via Social media!