Renee Mauborgne (1963) is a professional and a professor of strategy at INSEAD.
She is also co-founder of the blue ocean strategy and Co-Director of the Blue Ocean Strategy Institute.
Biography Renee Mauborgne
Over the years Renee Mauborgne has done a lot of research in the field of strategy and managing multinational organizations. Just like W. Chan Kim (and as co-author), she has written numerous articles that have been published in (scientific) journals such as Harvard Business Review, Academy of Management Journal , Management Science, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of International Business Studies and Sloan Management Review. She has written several articles too for The Wall Street Journal, The Wall Street Journal Europe, The New York Times and The Financial Times.
In addition to well-known publications, Renee Mauborgne co-authored with W. Chan Kim a ground breaking book, Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant (Harvard Business School Press, 2005). The book goes deeper into red and blue oceans, a philosophy about strategic approach. The book has become an international bestseller and is published in 42 languages. blue ocean strategy was recognized as the business book of the past decade.
Renee Mauborgne is co-founder of the Blue Ocean Strategy Network (BOSN), a worldwide community that is engaged in the sharing of knowledge and blue ocean strategy concept. BOSN accepts university graduates, consultants, manager and other professionals. Renee Mauborgne is also an active member of President Barack Obama’s Board of Advisors on Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Renee Mauborgne is one of the few European top management gurus. She is also the highest placed woman on Thinkers50, the world ranking list of influential gurus. She also won the 2011 Thinkers 50 Strategy Award for her research on blue ocean strategy.
In 2008 Renee Mauborgne received the Nobels Colloquia Prize for Leadership and Economic thinking 2008. Furthermore, she won numerous other prizes including the Eldridge Haynes Prize, awarded by the Academy of International Business and the Eldridge Haynes Memorial Trust of Business International for the best original article in the field of international business.
Publications and books by Renee Mauborgne et al.
- 2005. Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant. Harvard Business School Press.
- 2005. Value innovation: a leap into the blue ocean, Journal of Business Strategy, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 22-28.
- 2001. Knowing a winning business idea when you see one, Journal of Product Innovation Management – J PROD INNOVAT MANAGE, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 123-123.
- 1999. Creating New Market Space. Harvard Business School.
- 1998. Procedural justice, strategic decision making, and the knowledge economy, Journal: Strategic Management Journal – STRATEG MANAGE J , vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 323-338.
- 1997. Value Innovation: The Strategic Lobic of High Growth.
- 1996. Procedural Justice and Managers’ In-Role and Extra-Role Behavior: The Case of the Multinational, Journal: Management Science – Management, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 499-515.
- 1993. Effectively Conceiving and Executing Multinationals’ Worldwide Strategies, Journal of International Business Studies – J INT BUS STUD , vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 419-448.
- 1991. Implementing global strategies: The role of procedural justice, Journal: Strategic Management Journal – STRATEG MANAGE J , vol. 12, no. S1, pp. 125-143.
- 1987. Cross-cultural strategies, Journal of Business Strategy, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 28-35.
How to cite this article:
Van Vliet, V. (2011). Renee Mauborgne. Retrieved [insert date] from ToolsHero: http://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/renee-mauborgne
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”http://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/renee-mauborgne”>ToolsHero.com: Renee Mauborgne</a>
Did you find this article interesting?
Your rating is more than welcome or share this article via Social media!