Cor Molenaar biography and books
Cor Molenaar: Dr. Cor Molenaar is a Dutch economist and professor of eMarketing and Distance Selling at Erasmus University. Molenaar is also director of the company eXQuo Consultancy, a consultancy firm that offers strategic advice on disruption, strategy and marketing.
Cor Molenaar biography
Cor Molenaar studied economics at the University of Groningen. Here he obtained his bachelor’s degree, after which he started working in administrative automation. In the eighties he discovered the many possibilities of automation within marketing and decided to focus on it.
In 1987 he started Ogilvy & Mather Dataconsult in Amsterdam, an independent part of advertising company Ogilvy & Mather. After he left the company at the turn of the century, more than 250 people worked for the company, which had customers such as KLM, KPN, Unilever and Philips. He was involved in the development and implementation of the Flying Dutchman program and Airmiles, for example.
In 1992, Cor obtained his master’s degree in organizational science at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Five years later he obtained his PhD in Groningen with his dissertation De Klant in het Digitale Tijdperk.
Since 1999, Cor Molaar has been a professor at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam. As a professor, he mainly focuses on research into changes through the application of IT in marketing and human behaviour. From 2007, a component was added: eMarketing and Distance Selling. The focus is on people’s behavior and the influence of the internet on people’s purchasing behaviour.
Nowadays Molenaar gives many lectures and publications in addition to his research. He has now written more than 20 books on the application of IT in marketing. Some books have been translated into Italian, English, Spanish and Chinese.
Cor Molenaar quotes
- “Treat your customer like the girl you wanted to go steady with.”
- “Citizens are just like ordinary people.”
Books, articles and other publications
- 2022. Demand-driven Business Strategy: Digital Transformation and Business Model Innovation. Routledge.
- 2020. The End of Competition: The Impact of the Network Economy.
- 2020. The New Market Conditions. World Scientific Book Chapters, 33-50.
- 2020. Opportunities for Asia Based on Characteristics and Culture. World Scientific Book Chapters, 161-200.
- 2020. New Marketing and Competition Principles through the Adoption of Technology. World Scientific Book Chapters, 145-159.
- 2020. Networks Become the Competition. World Scientific Book Chapters, 81-107.
- 2020. From Supply Chain to Network. World Scientific Book Chapters, 51-79.
- 2016. The end of shops: social buying and the battle for the customer. Routledge.
- 2016. Shopping 3.0: Shopping, the internet or both?. Routledge.
- 2015. Critical behavior at a dynamic vortex insulator-to-metal transition. Science, 349(6253), 1202-1205.
- 2013. E-Marketing: Applications of information technology and the internet within marketing. Routledge.
- 2009. Het nieuwe winkelen. Pearson Education.
- 2005. Wisseling van de macht. Pearson Education.
- 2002. The future of marketing: Practical strategies for marketers in the post-internet age.
- 2000. E-strategie. Tijdschrift voor Marketing.
- 2000. De kaartenbak voorbij. Sales Management.
- 1999. Veranderingen door Internet, branches in de toekomst.
- 1999. Nederlanders, de kunst van het waarnemen.
- 1996. Interactive marketing. Gower Publishing Company.
How to cite this article:
Janse, B. (2023). Cor Molenaar. Retrieved [insert date] from Toolshero: https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/cor-molenaar/
Published on: 02/13/2023 | Last update: 03/23/2023
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=” https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/cor-molenaar/”>Toolshero: Cor Molenaar</a>
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?