Please help us by disabling your ad blocker.
Napoleon Hill (1883 – 1970) was a famous American author and big influencer on the key to success and personal achievement. Most people know Napoleon Hill from his best sellers the law of success (1928) and Think and Grow Rich (1937), which sold more than 20 million copies.
Biography Napoleon Hill
Napoleon Hill was born in 1883. His family was poor and they lived in the hills of Virginia.
When he was 13 years old (1896), Napoleon Hill started writing for his father’s Paper. He used these earnings to enter Law school (Georgetown University). This wasn’t enough so he withdraw.
He continued writing and experienced a turning point in 1908, due to an assignment to interview Andrew Carnegie. The duration of this interview was three days instead of three hours. At that time mister Carnegie was one of the most powerful men in the world. He gave Napoleon Hill a proposal to invest his time and efforts of study and exploration in wealthy people to understand their success formula without payment. This challenge took Napoleon Hill because he already was poor and got nothing to lose. Also his curiosity let him to the motivation to go for this challenge. So Napoleon Hill did many interviews of successful people of the time, like Henry Ford, Alexander Graham Bell, and so on.
He shared his first acknowledgements of 45 interviews in his first best-seller Law of success (1928). His manuscript on the Philosophy of Achievement for many other books and study material. Napoleon Hill identified that freedom, democracy, capitalism, and harmony are the foundation of this philosophy. He continued his work, interviewing, writing, speaking and publishing, and set the base for his next best-seller. He discovered during the interviews a secret, which he later described as “the Golden Rule”.
This is the rule: “Only by working harmoniously in co-operation with other individuals or groups of individuals and thus creating value and benefit for them will one create sustainable achievement for oneself.”
Napoleon Hill also discovered that time that 98% of people had few or no firm beliefs, which put success out of their reach. During the following years, he invested lots of time in lecturing people on having beliefs and goals in life. His books and audio lectures remain top sellers, are word widely known and demonstrate the continuing appeal of the myth of a secret of success and the lessons learned from his study.
Napoleon Hill quotes
- “Whatever your mind can conceive and believe it can achieve.”
- “The starting point of all achievement is desire.”
- “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.”
- “Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another.”
- “A goal is a dream with a deadline.”
- “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.”
- “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.”
- “When your desires are strong enough you will appear to possess superhuman powers to achieve.”
- “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.”
- “It takes half your life before you discover life is a do-it-yourself project.”
Publications and books by Napoleon Hill et al.
- 2011, 2005, 1937. Think and Grow Rich: The Original Classic. John Wiley and Sons.
- 2011, 1928. The Law of Success. Brilliance Audio
- 2011. You can work your own miracles. Ballantine Books.
- 2009, 1939. How to Sell Your Way Through Life. John Wiley and Sons.
- 2009. The master key to riches. Courier Corporation.
- 2007. Grow Rich! With Peace of Mind. Penguin.
- 1997. The 17 Principles of Personal Achievement. Penguin
- 1991. Success through a positive mental attitude. Simon and Schuster.
- 1989. Succeed and grow rich through persuasion. Signet.
How to cite this article:
van Vliet, V. (2016). Napoleon Hill. Retrieved [insert date] from ToolsHero: https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/napoleon-hill/
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/napoleon-hill/”>ToolsHero.com: Napoleon Hill</a>
Did you find this article interesting?
Your rating is more than welcome or share this article via Social media!