Renée Mauborgne biography and books
Renée Mauborgne biography
Over the years Renée Mauborgne has done a lot of research in the field of strategy and managing multinational organizations.
Just like W. Chan Kim (and as co-author), she has written numerous articles that have been published in (scientific) journals such as Harvard Business Review, Academy of Management Journal, Management Science, Strategic Management Journal, Journal of International Business Studies and Sloan Management Review.
She has written several articles too for The Wall Street Journal, The Wall Street Journal Europe, The New York Times and The Financial Times. In addition to well-known publications, Renee Mauborgne co-authored with W. Chan Kim a ground breaking book, Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant (2005).
The book goes deeper into red and blue oceans, a philosophy about strategic approach. The book has become an international best-seller and is published in 42 languages. blue ocean strategy was recognized as the business book of the past decade.
Renée Mauborgne is co-founder of the Blue Ocean Strategy Network (BOSN), a worldwide community that is engaged in the sharing of knowledge and Blue Ocean Strategy concept.
BOSN accepts university graduates, consultants, manager and other professionals. Renée Mauborgne is also an active member of President Barack Obama‘s Board of Advisors on Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Renée Mauborgne is one of the few European top management and strategy gurus. She is also the highest placed woman on Thinkers50, the world ranking list of influential gurus. She also won the 2011 Thinkers 50 Strategy Award for her research on Blue Ocean Strategy.
In 2008 Renee Mauborgne received the Nobels Colloquia Prize for Leadership and Economic thinking 2008. Furthermore, she won numerous other prizes including the Eldridge Haynes Prize, awarded by the Academy of International Business and the Eldridge Haynes Memorial Trust of Business International for the best original article in the field of international business.
Books and publications
- 2019. Nondisruptive creation: Rethinking innovation and growth. MIT Sloan Management Review, 60(3), 46-55.
- 2017. Blue ocean shift: Beyond competing-proven steps to inspire confidence and seize new growth. Hachette UK.
- 2017. Blue Ocean Leadership (Harvard Business Review Classics). Harvard Business Review Press.
- 2017. Blue ocean shift: Beyond competing-Proven steps to inspire confidence and seize new growth. Macmillan.
- 2016. Harvard Business Review Leadership & Strategy Boxed Set (5 Books). Harvard Business Review Press.
- 2014, 2005. Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant. Harvard Business School Press.
- 2005. How to create uncontested market space and make the competition irrelevant. Harvard Business Review, 4(13), 1-2.
- 2005. Blue ocean strategy: from theory to practice. California management review, 47(3), 105-121.
- 2005. Value innovation: a leap into the blue ocean, Journal of Business Strategy, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 22-28.
- 2003. Tipping point leadership. If you read nothing else on change, read these best-selling articles., 37.
- 2003. Fair process: Managing in the knowledge economy. Harvard Business Review, 81(1), 127-136.
- 2002. Charting your company’s future. Harvard business review, 80(6), 76-85.
- 2001. Knowing a winning business idea when you see one, Journal of Product Innovation Management – J PROD INNOVAT MANAGE, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 123-123.
- 2000. Knowing a winning business idea when you see one. Harvard business review, 78(5), 129-138.
- 1999. Creating New Market Space. Harvard Business School.
- 1999. Strategy, value innovation, and the knowledge economy. Sloan management review, 40(3), 41.
- 1998. Procedural justice, strategic decision making, and the knowledge economy, Journal: Strategic Management Journal – STRATEG MANAGE J , vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 323-338.
- 1997. Value Innovation: The Strategic Lobic of High Growth.
- 1996. Procedural Justice and Managers’ In-Role and Extra-Role Behavior: The Case of the Multinational, Journal: Management Science – Management, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 499-515.
- 1996. Procedural justice and managers’ in-role and extra-role behavior: The case of the multinational. Management Science, 42(4), 499-515.
- 1993. Procedural justice, attitudes, and subsidiary top management compliance with multinationals’ corporate strategic decisions. Academy of management journal, 36(3), 502-526.
- 1993. Making global strategies work. Sloan Management Review, 34(3), 11.
- 1993. Effectively Conceiving and Executing Multinationals’ Worldwide Strategies, Journal of International Business Studies – J INT BUS STUD , vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 419-448.
- 1992. Parables of leadership. Harvard Business Review, 70(4), 123-128.
- 1991. Implementing global strategies: The role of procedural justice, Journal: Strategic Management Journal – STRATEG MANAGE J , vol. 12, no. S1, pp. 125-143.
- 1987. Cross-cultural strategies, Journal of Business Strategy, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 28-35.
How to cite this article:
Van Vliet, V. (2011). Renée Mauborgne biography and books. Retrieved [insert date] from Toolshero: https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/renee-mauborgne/
Published on: 07/06/2011 | Last update: 11/07/2022
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/renee-mauborgne/”>Toolshero: Renée Mauborgne biography and books</a>
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?