Robert Dilts (21 March, 1955) is a software developer, writer, trainer, and coach in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). NLP encompasses the most influential components involved in producing human experience: neurology, language, and programming. Robert Dilts is since the 1970s internationally recognized as the foremost developer, trainer, and practitioner of NLP.
Biography Robert Dilts
Robert Dilts is one of the creators of the Neuro-Logical Levels or Logical Levels and provides a helpful structure to identify the level of thinking, learning, and communication of an individual, group, or organization.
He contributed to the establishment of NLP and is the author of The Encyclopedia of Systemic Nlp & Nlp New Coding. Robert Dilts’ ideas are today still used Neuro-Linguistic Programming He additionally authored other well-known books such as Sleight of Mouth, Beliefs: Pathways to Health and Well-Being, and NLP Volume 1.
Robert Dilts personal contributions to the field of Neuro-linguistic Programming comprise the basis of what is now called Systemic Neuro-Linguistic Programming. Examples of Robert Dilts’ techniques include Reimprinting, Sleight of Mouth Patterns, The Spelling Strategy, The Allergy Technique, and the Walt Disney Method.
He is also one of the developers and expert in the principles and techniques of Success Factor Modeling. This is a process designed to identify and apply the critical success factors necessary to promote growth and development of emerging technology companies.
Robert Dilts has written various books about how this process can be used to enhance leadership, creativity, communication and team development such as Entrepreneurship: Success Factor Modeling Volume 1, and Generative Collaboration: Success Factor Modeling Volume 2.
In his career as trainer and coach, he has worked with large organizations such as The World Bank, Bank of America, Apple Computer, Ernst & Young, and the State Railway Group of Italy. Robert Dilts also lectured on NLP to The European Forum for Quality Management, The United Nations, The World Health Organization and Harvard University.
In 1969, Robbert Dilts went to Junipero Serra High School in California. From 1973 until 1978 he studied and obtained his Bachelor of Arts at the University of California. In his first year, he studied Aesthetic Studies.
In his second year, he switched to Physics and Calculus, and in his third year, he studied Political Philosophy. During his study, Robert Dilts was awarded President’s Undergraduate Fellowship for a research that correlated brain waves and eye movements. He ended up creating his own degree in Behavioral Engineering in which he combined systems theory, psychology, biofeedback, computer science, and neurology.
Robert Dilts became director of research at Not Ltd. Dotar in 1979 for three years. He initiated and managed research activities in Neuro-linguistic Programming. Together with Leslie Lebeau, Dabid Gordon, and Maribeth Meyers, he designed the curriculum and testing procedures for the first NLP Practitioner and Master Practitioner certification programs.
In 1981, Robert Dilts founded Behavioral engineering. The organization was a computer software company that used Neuro-Linguistic Programming to create interactive products for education, training, and personal development.
He continued his career by founding Robert Dilts Consulting in 1982 and he still provides consulting and training sessions for NLP institutes and organization around the globe.
From 1991, Robert Dilts and Tod Epstein designed and provided trainings at NLP University and focused on the beginning to advanced applications of Neuro-Linguistic Programming for communication, leadership, innovation, and problem-solving. The university provides a new structure for completing a NLP education and include the latest tools, models, and research in the development of Neuro-linguistic programming.
Neurolink International was also founded by Robert Dilts in 1998. This was a multi-channel biofeedback device that simultaneously monitored and recorded activity in heart rate, body temperature, and the brain hemispheres via electrical activities.
In 1999, Robert Dilts established Dilts Strategy Group, a consulting, coaching and training company. The organization gives consultancy sessions in more than 25 countries and has a proven record of strategic knowledge and behavioral skills through the Success Factor Modeling to support the growth and development of individuals and organizations.
Robert Dilts was an associate professor for more than 15 years at the ISVOR Fiat School of Management. He has helped develop programs on leadership, innovation, values and systemic thinking.
From 2001, Robert Dilts was a Chief Scientist and Chief Executive Officer for ISVOR Dilts Leadership Systems for three years. This was a joint-venture between ISVOR Fiat and Dilts Strategy Group. ISVOR Dilts Leadership Systems provided a range of innovative leadership development programs to large corporations on a global scale.
Robert Dilts additionally co-founded The International Association for Generative Change (IAGC) in 2012. The organization’s mission is to create a successful and meaningful life and focus on developing and maintaining individual’s relationships by using various techniques.
Currently, Robert Dilts is Director of Training at NLP University and still provides training, consultancy, and coaching sessions for entrepreneurs and multinational corporations through Robert Dilts Consulting and Dilts Strategy Group. He has an international reputation as leading behavioral skills trainer and with his expertise in Neuro-Linguistic Programming, his skills are highly in demand.
Robert Dilts quotes
- “Flexibility comes from having multiple choices; wisdom comes from having multiple perspectives.”
- “My experience is that inventors come in all sizes, all nationalities, all ages. The only thing I’m sure of is that inventors are always stubborn.”
Publications and Books
- 2012. Beliefs: Pathways to health and well-being. Crown House Publishing.
- 2010. NLP II The Next Generation. Capitola: Meta Publications.
- 2009. The Hero’s Journey: A voyage of self-discovery. Crown House Publishing.
- 2006. Sleight of mouth: The magic of conversational belief change. Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic.
- 2004. Coaching with NLP. Junfermann, Paderborn.
- 2003. From coach to awakener. Capitola, CA.: Meta Publications.
- 2003. El Poder de la Palabra Programación Neurolingüística. PNL. Ediciones Urano, SA de CV.
- 2000. Encyclopedia of systemic neuro-linguistic programming and NLP new coding. NLP University Press.
- 1999. Liderazgo Creativo. Pnl.
- 1998. Modeling with NLP. Capitola, CA: Meta Publications.
- 1997. Vinci et Holmes Stratégies du génie-La Méridienne. Paris (ISBN 2-904-29926-2).
- 1997. Tools of the Spirit. Capitola, CA: Meta.
- 1997. Cómo cambiar creencias con la PNL. Editorial Sirio, SA.
- 1996. Visionary leadership skills: Creating a world to which people want to belong. Meta Pubns.
- 1996. Las creencias: Caminos hacia la salud y el bienestar. Urano.
- 1996. Aristote et Einstein.
- 1995. Strategies of genius(Vol. 3). Meta Pubns.
- 1995. Dynamic learning (Vol. 426). Cupertino, CA: Meta Publications.
- 1994. Strategies of Genius, vol. 1. Cupertino (Californie), Metapublications, 162.
- 1994. Effective presentation skills. Meta Pubns.
- 1994. Croyances et santé. La Méridienne: Desclée de Brouwer.
- 1993. Skills for the Future. USA: Meta Publication.
- 1991. Tools for dreamers. Cupertino, Calif.: Meta.
- 1990. Changing belief systems with NLP. Meta Publications.
- 1980. Neuro-linguistic programming. Meta.
- 1980. NLP (Vol. 1).
How to cite this article:
Zeeman, A. (2018). Robert Dilts. Retrieved [insert date] from ToolsHero: https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/robert-dilts/
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/robert-dilts/”>ToolsHero.com: Robert Dilts </a>
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?