Robert Kiyosaki (1947) is an American self-made businessman, investor, author and motivational speaker. Robert Kiyosaki is also the founder of the Cash flow board, a personal leadership tool that help people organize their personal finance.
Robert Kiyosaki biography
He attended High School and graduated in 1965. After graduating he went to the navy in combination with education.
Robert Kiyosaki chose to attend the United States Merchant Marine Academy in New York. He graduated with the class of 1969 as a deck officer, and a commission as a 2nd LT in the U.S. Marine Corps.
After graduating from college in New York, Kiyosaki began his career by taking a job with Standard Oil’s tanker. His career with Standard Oil was short and Robert Kiyosaki resigned with the organization after 6 months to join the Marine Corps. He served in the Marine Corps as a helicopter gunship pilot during the Vietnam War in 1972.
In 1974, Robert left the Marine Corps and start working as a salesman in Xerox Corporation. He did this for a couple of years and then started up his own business for the first time.
He had a new concept of wallet which often is referred to as a surfer wallet. On the learning path, he made this concept to a success (a multi-million dollar product).
The next business was almost similar but shifted his targeted consumer group from Surfers to Rockers and their favourite band t-shirts. This wasn’t a success and left him and his family broke, bankrupt and homeless (age 47).
From being broke and homeless, he thought of a new concept on personal finance and how you could learn to be successful on making financial decisions. This was a concept that hit the sweet spot of many people and it became a great success. Within nine years of development and spreading the word about the platform and business idea, he became a multimillionaire, and still is.
Today, Robert Kiyosaki still runs his business, speaks all over the world and has written numerous of books on being successful with your personal finance including the greats tools like of the Cash flow board.
Robert Kiyosaki quotes
- “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.”
- “If you want to go somewhere, it is best to find someone who has already been there.”
- “When people are lame, they love to blame.”
- “Academic qualifications are important and so is financial education. They’re both important and schools are forgetting one of them.”
- “We go to school to learn to work hard for money. I write books and create products that teach people how to have money work hard for them.”
- “A lot of people are afraid to tell the truth, to say no. That’s where toughness comes into play. Toughness is not being a bully. It’s having backbone.”
- “I have a problem with too much money. I can’t reinvest it fast enough, and because I reinvest it, more money comes in. Yes, the rich do get richer.”
- “You have to be smart. The easy days are over.”
- “When times are bad is when the real entrepreneurs emerge.”
Publications and books by Robert Kiyosaki et al.
- 2018). Why The Rich Are Getting Richer. Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
- 2017. Rich Dad’s Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know about Building a Million-dollar Business. Author’s Republic.
- 2015. Second Chance: for Your Money, Your Life and Our World. Plata Publishing.
- 2014. Cashflow Quadrant: Rich dad poor dad. FinanzBuch Verlag.
- 2011. Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich-And Why Most Don’t. Plata Publishing.
- 2010. The Business of the 21st century. DreamBuilders.
- 2010. If You Want to Be Rich & Happy Don’t Go to School: Insuring Lifetime Security for Yourself and Your Children. Aslan Publishing.
- 2009. Rich Dad’s Conspiracy of the Rich: The 8 New Rules of Money. Business Plus.
- 2006. Why we want you to be rich. Rich Press.
- 2004. Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens: The Secrets about Money–that You Don’t Learn in School!. Little Brown Books for Young Readers.
- 2002. Rich Dad: Guide to Investing.
- 2001. Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money-That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not!. Business Plus.
- 2001. The business school for people who like helping people. TechPress, Incorporated.
- 2000. Rich Dad’s Guide to Becoming Rich… Without Cutting Up Your Credit Cards. Grand Central Publishing.
- 1994. If You Want to Be Rich and Happy, Don’t Go to School?: Ensuring Lifetime Security for Yourself. Aslan Publishing.
How to cite this article:
van Vliet, V. (2016). Robert Kiyosaki. Retrieved [insert date] from ToolsHero: https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/robert-kiyosaki/
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/robert-kiyosaki/”>ToolsHero.com: Robert Kiyosaki</a>
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?