Please help us by disabling your ad blocker.
Robert Waterman Jr. (1936) is an author and expert in best management practices. He also is known of his co-development of the 7S Framework by McKinsey.
Biography Robert Waterman
The management book In Search of Excellence was published in 1982 and this was an immediate best-seller. It gained national exposure on a series of television specials based on the book which were hosted by Robert Waterman and Tom Peters appeared on PBS. The primary idea was that solving business problems should incur as little business process overhead as possible, and that this should empower decision-makers at multiple levels of a company.
Robert Waterman is now member (1999 to 2006; chairman) of the Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) Foundation, This is a national, not-for-profit organization that sponsors research, raises awareness of and looks for better treatments of RLS. He also serves on the board of the ASE Corporation and the World Wildlife Fund.
Robert Waterman currently directs his own company, the Waterman Group Inc. after having worked for McKinsey & Company for 21 years.
Publications and books by Robert Waterman et al.
- 1994. What America does right: Learning from companies that put people first. WW Norton & Company.
- 1994. Toward a Career-Resilient Workforce. Harvard Business Review, 72(4), 87-95.
- 1990. Adhocracy: The power to change. WW Norton & Company.
- 1988. The Renewal Factor: How the Best Get and Keep the Competitive Edge. Bantam Books.
- 1982. The seven elements of strategic fit. Journal of Business Strategy, 2(3), 69-73.
- 1982. In search of excellence: Lessons from American best-run companies. Harper & Row.
- 1980. Structure is not organization. Business Horizons, 23(3), 14-26.
- 1980. The 7-S framework. Chapter, 6, 309-314.
- 1963. The Commercial Application of Missile. Space Technology.
How to cite this article:
Van Vliet, V. (2012). Robert Waterman Jr.. Retrieved [insert date] from ToolsHero: https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/robert-waterman/
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/robert-waterman/”>ToolsHero.com: Robert Waterman Jr.</a>
Did you find this article interesting?
Your rating is more than welcome or share this article via Social media!