Please help us by disabling your ad blocker.
Tony Robbins (Anthony Robbins) is an American New York Times bestselling author, philanthropist, life coach, and entrepreneur. Well-known books of Tony Robbins are Unlimited Power, which he called ‘the new science of personal development’, and Giant Within, a step-by-step program teaching the fundamentals of self-mastery. Most recent internationally bestselling books by The New York Times are UNSHAKEABLE: Your Financial Freedom Playbook, and MONEY: Master the Game.
Tony Robbins biography
Tony Robbins is born in 1960 in California and lives in Florida. He grew up in poverty and lived in an unstable family. Tony Robbins went to Glendora high school and was elected student president in his senior year. During his education, Tony Robbins worked as a handyman to support his living.
Tony Robbins began his career by promoting seminars for motivational speaker Jim Rohn. After approaching him for a job, Jim Rohn became Tony Robbin’s mentor. He eventually became a speaker, but he found difficulties in finding its approach to the audience. At that moment, he worked long hours and felt like his career was heading nowhere. Tony Robbins believed that he would live in poverty as his parents did. After advice from Jim Rohn, Tony Robbins focused on seeking new approaches that would attract his audience.
In the 1980s, Tony Robbins taught Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), an approach to communication and personal development. He also taught Ericksonian Hypnosis. He learned to firewalk and added this to his seminars. In 1988, he released his first infomercial ‘Personal Power’, and it has reached a significant audience. By 1991, an estimated 100 million Americans had seen his infomercials. In 1997, he established the Leadership Academy, a four days’ leadership training program that teaches the skills of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Persuasion, Non-Verbal communication, and coaching to develop a great leader.
Since 2002, Tony Robbins partnered with Cloe Madanes to establish the Robbins-Madanes Center for Strategic Intervention, a life coach training program that is dedicated to transforming student’s ability to influence, lead, and create positive change in those around them. He coached many famous people such as Princess Diana, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Donald Trump, Justin Tuck, Serena Williams, and Pitbull. He was also the consultant of Peter Guber, Steve Wynn, and Marc Benioff.
Tony Robbins created a personal and professional development program, and more than 4 million people have attended his live seminars. Through his books, audio programs, health products, live events, and personal coaching, he has helped more than 50 million people in more than 100 countries. Tony Robbins is passionate about helping others in need, and he believes that if an individual has economic opportunities, they should be able to give something back.
Tony Robbins has been elected as Vice Chairman of Health, Education, and Science for the United Nations Research Center for the International Council for Caring Communities (ICCC). In collaboration with the Organization of American States, The Carter Center, and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), he helped negotiate to find a solution for peace in Venezuela and other countries.
Tony Robbins is the founder or partner of multiple corporations in various industries ranging from technology, sports, and hospitality. The companies have an accumulated annual turnover of $5 billion. Some of his brands have become market leaders in the industry such as the Namale Resort & Spa in the Fiji Islands.
As a philanthropist, he partnered with Feeding American, an organization that provides meals to people in need through a network of 200 food banks. Tony Robbins himself has provided millions of meals, and he invites others to join the organization to help people in need.
He is also the founder of the International Basket Brigade (part of Anthony Robbins foundation), an organization that provides baskets of food and household items for approximately two million people in countries all over the world.
In 2006, Tony Robbins was a featured speaker at an official TED conference and discussed the ‘invisible force’ that motivates everyone’s actions. He is one of the speakers of Learning Annex, an online platform of seminars, lectures, classes, and workshop who provide tools to change career, increase income, improve relationships, and empower their lives.
Since 2014, Tony Robbins collaborated with a group of investors and established the Los Angeles Football Club, a new Major League Soccer’s team that will start competition in 2018.
In 2016, along with his ownership group Axiomatic, purchased Team Liquid, an E-sport pro gaming organization and one of the most successful global E-sport team franchises. In 2017, team liquid won the International 7, a Dota 2 tournament, and won 10 million dollars.
Tony Robbins has been named by Accenture as one of the ‘Top 50 Business Intellectuals’. He has also been honored by the Harvard Business Press as one of the ’Top 200 Business Gurus’. The American Express named him one of the ‘Top Six Business Leaders in the World’ and Fortune Magazine named him the CEO Whisperer. Forbes called him one of the ‘Top 100 Celebrity’, and the International Chamber of Commerce has named him as one of the top 10 ‘’Outstanding People in the World’’.
At this moment, Tony Robbins is a national spokesperson for the Wellness Community, a non-profit organization that provides support to cancer patients by learning them skills that enable them to regain control to improve their lives. He is an entrepreneur and serves as Chairman of five private companies. Tony Robbins still act as a life coach, philanthropist, author, and business strategist.
Tony Robbins quotes
- “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.”
- “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.”
- “We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.”
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”
- “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.”
- “Live with passion!”
- “What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are.”
- “How am I going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I’m committed to?”
- “When people are like each other they tend to like each other”
Publications and books by Tony Robbins et al.
- 2014. Money Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom. Simon and Schuster.
- 2011. Giant Steps: Small Changes to Make a Big Difference. Simon and Schuster.
- 2010. Unlimited power a black choice. Simon and Schuster.
- 2010. Notes from a friend: A quick and simple guide to taking charge of your life. Simon and Schuster.
- 2009. Relationship Breakthrough: How to Create Outstanding Relationships in Every Area of Your Life. Rodale.
- 2007. Awaken the giant within: How to take immediate control of your mental, emotional, physical and financial. Simon and Schuster.
- 2005. Inner Strength: Harnessing the Power of Your Six Primal Needs. Free Press.
- 1999. Unleash the power within. Nightingale-Conant Corporation.
- 1998. Live with Passion!: Strategies for Creating a Compelling Future. Nightingale-Conant.
- 1998. Lessons in Mastery: How to Use Your Personal Power to Create an Extraordinary Life!. Simon & Schuster Audio.
How to cite this article:
Zeeman, A. (2018). Tony Robbins. Retrieved [insert date] from ToolsHero: https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/tony-robbins/
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/tony-robbins/”>ToolsHero.com: Tony Robbins</a>
Did you find this article interesting?
Your rating is more than welcome or share this article via Social media!