Please help us by disabling your ad blocker.
Benjamin Tregoe jr. (1927-2005) was co-founder of Kepner-Tregoe, an international management consultancy, where he served as Chairman until his death in 2005. He was also very famous for his contribution on the development of the Kepner Tregoe Method, which today is still worldwide used by organizations and companies for decision making and problem solving.
Biography Benjamin Tregoe
Benjamin Tregoe received his Bachelor degree (BA) from Whittier College. Subsequently, he obtained his doctorate (Ph.D.) in the field of sociology from Harvard University.
In 1958 Benjamin Tregoe founded the Kepner-Tregoe management consultancy with Charles Kepner. Their starting principle was based on Kepner’s groundbreaking research into rational decision-making and problem-solving. Since its establishment Kepner-Tregoe has transferred its problem-solving, decision-making and planning approaches to millions of managers.
The Kepner-Tregoe parent company is established in Princeton, New Jersey and conducts business in over 50 countries and 20 languages. Field research has contributed to the development of a basic principle, namely the Kepner Tregoe Problem Solving and Decision Making (PSDM) methodology. This methodology consists of a number of steps that contribute to the problem solving, decision making, planning approaches and managing of people and projects.
Today over 400 of the largest 1,000 largest companies use the Kepner Tregoe PSDM methodology (Kepner Tregoe Method). In addition to being co-owner of Kepner-Tregoe, Benjamin Tregoe was a leading lecturer and he published extensively all over the world, He was also on the board of directors of the J.M. Smucker Company, the Word Affairs Council of Philadelphia, the Nationonal Alliance of business and he was chairman of the Advisory Committee of the dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences of Harvard University.
In 1993, Benjamin Tregoe founded the non-profit Tregoe Education Forum to support public education.
Publications and books by Benjamin Tregoe et al.
- 2005. The art and discipline of strategic leadership. American Media International.
- 2001. Analytic processes for school leaders. Assn for Supervision & Curriculum.
- 1997. The New Rational Manager: An updated version for a New World. Princeton Research Press.
- 1997. The Culture of Success: Building a sustained competitive advantage by living your corporate beliefs. Mcgraw-Hill.
- 1991. Strategy Versus Planning: Bridging the Gap. Journal of Business Strategy , vol. 12, no. 6.
- 1990. Implementing the vision: The lessons learned. Strategy & Leadership, 18(1), 39-48.
- 1990. The driving force. Strategy & Leadership, 18(2), 4-11.
- 1990. An Action-Oriented Approach to Strategy. Journal: Journal of Business Strategy , vol. 11, no. 1.
- 1990. Strategy and the New American Organization. Industry Week, 28-31.
- 1989. Vision in action: Putting a winning strategy to Work. Simon and Schuster.
- 1983. Strategic Thinking: The Key to Corporate Survival. Journal: Industrial Management and Data Systems – IMDS , vol. 83, no. 7/8.
- 1980. Top Management Strategy: What it is and how to make it work. Simon & Schuster.
- 1980. The Art of Making Better Decisions. Journal: IEEE Engineering Management Review, vol.8, no. 2.
- 1965. The Rational Manager: A Systematic Approach to Problem Solving and Decision-Making. McGraw-Hill.
How to cite this article:
Van Vliet, V. (2012). Benjamin Tregoe. Retrieved [insert date] from ToolsHero: https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/benjamin-tregoe/
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/benjamin-tregoe/”>ToolsHero.com: Benjamin Tregoe</a>
Did you find this article interesting?
Your rating is more than welcome or share this article via Social media!