Andre de Waal (1960) is an Academic Director of the HPO Center, an organization which conducts research into high performance organizations. He is also a partner at the Finance Function Research & Development Center, a company that aims to help finance functions to transform in a high-performing department. André has been a partner with Arthur Andersen and Holland Consulting Group for 17 years. He is also founder of the HPO framework.
Andre de Waal biography
Andre (André) de Waal holds a MSc in Chemistry from Leiden University (the Netherlands), a MBA from Northeastern University and a Ph.D. in Economics from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (the Netherlands). Currently André is doing a PhD habilitata at the European University EurAka Switzerland.
Until recently Andre de Waal was Associate Professor Organizational Effectiveness at the Maastricht School of Management. He has been guest lecturer at the Free University Amsterdam and Erasmus University Rotterdam, and currently is a visiting fellow at Cranfield University, UK. He has been a partner with Arthur Andersen and Holland Consulting Group for 17 years.
Andre de Waal has published more than 400 articles (among which more than 100 academic publications) and 30 books.
Quote by Andre de Waal
- “The qualities that I have seen successful people in HPO ‘s posses: unbridled passion and enthusiasm.”
Publications and books by Andre de Waal et al.
- 2015. What Makes a High Performance Organization – Five Validated Factors of Competitive Advantage That Apply Worldwide. HPO Center BV.
- 2013. The bonus as hygiene factor: the role of reward systems in the high performance organization. In Evidence-based HRM: a Global Forum for Empirical Scholarship (Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 41-59). Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- 2013. Performance measurement and management in practice: Advantages, disadvantages and reasons for use. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 62(5), 446-473.
- 2013. Strategic Performance Management: A managerial and behavioral approach. Palgrave Macmillan.
- 2013. Evergreens of excellence. Journal of Management History, 19(2), 241-278.
- 2012. Applying the high‐performance organization framework to a multinational retailer. Global Business and Organizational Excellence, 32(1), 51-63.
- 2012. What makes a high performance organization: Five validated factors of competitive advantage that apply worldwide. Global Professional Pub.
- 2012. Characteristics of high performing managers in The Netherlands. Leadership & organization development journal, 33(2), 131-148.
- 2012. Applicability of the high performance organization framework in the Middle East: The case of Palestine Polytechnic University. Education, Business and Society: Contemporary Middle Eastern Issues, 5(3), 213-223.
- 2012. Does quality matter in a high-performance organization?. The Journal for Quality and Participation, 35(3), 4.
- 2011. The evolutionary adoption framework: explaining the budgeting paradox. Journal of accounting & organizational change, 7(4), 316-336.
- 2011. Applicability of the high-performance organisation framework at an East African university: The case of Iringa University College. International Journal of Emerging Markets, 6(2), 148-167.
- 2010. A performance management readiness review framework for governmental service providers. Business Horizons, 53(4), 405-412.
- 2010. Studying performance management in Iran using an adapted performance management analysis. Journal of Transnational Management, 15(3), 246-264.
- 2010. Achieving High Performance in the Public Sector: What Needs to Be Done?. Public Performance & Management Review, 34(1), 81-103.
- 2010. The role of knowledge management in creating and sustaining high performance organisations: The case of financial institutions in Uganda. World Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, 6(4), 307-324.
- 2010. Performance-driven behavior as the key to improved organizational performance. Measuring Business Excellence, 14(1), 79-95.
- 2010. Six courses of action to survive and thrive in a crisis. Business Strategy Series, 11(5), 333-339.
- 2009. Lessons learned from performance management systems implementations. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 58(4), 367-390.
- 2009. The relationship between the level of completeness of a strategic performance management system and perceived advantages and disadvantages. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 29(12), 1242-1265.
- 2009. High performance in Vietnam: the case of the Vietnamese banking industry. Journal of Transnational Management, 14(3), 179-201.
- 2008. The secret of high performance organizations. Management Online Review, (April).
- 2008. The end of shareholder value thinking. Business Strategy Series, 9(6), 316-323.
- 2008. Strategic performance management in practice: advantages, disadvantages and reasons for use.
- 2008. Power of Performance Management: How Leading Companies Create Sustained Value. Wiley.
- 2007. The characteristics of a high performance organization. Business Strategy Series, 8(3), 179-185.
- 2007. Successful performance management? Apply the strategic performance management development cycle!. Measuring Business Excellence, 11(2), 4-11.
- 2006. The role of behavioral factors and national cultures in creating effective performance management systems. Systemic Practice and Action Research, 19(1), 61-79.
- 2005. Is your organisation ready for beyond budgeting?. Measuring business excellence, 9(2), 56-67.
- 2005. Forget value-based management and the balanced scorecard! An interview with Professor Ken Merchant. Measuring business excellence, 9(2), 30-32.
- 2004. Stimulating performance-driven behaviour to obtain better results. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 53(4), 301-316.
- 2003. Behavioral factors important for the successful implementation and use of performance management systems. Management Decision, 41(8), 688-697.
- 2003. The future of the balanced scorecard: an interview with Professor Dr Robert S. Kaplan. Measuring Business Excellence, 7(1), 30-35.
- 2002. Quest for balance: The human element in performance management systems. Wiley.
- 2002. The power of world-class performance management: use it!. Measuring Business Excellence, 6(3), 9-19.
How to cite this article:
van Vliet, V. (2017). Andre de Waal. Retrieved [insert date] from ToolsHero: https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/andre-de-waal/
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/andre-de-waal/”>ToolsHero.com: Andre de Waal</a>
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?