Peter Kraljic (1939) was a former director in the Düsseldorf office of McKinsey at McKinsey & Company, Inc. where he held different management positions until his retirement. He has also created the Portfolio Purchasing Model (1983), which is a model/ tool to analyse the purchasing portfolio of a company.
Peter Kraljic obtained a Master’s degree (MSc.) in metallurgy from the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia. He obtained his doctorate (Ph.D.) from the Technical University in Hannover, Germany. At a later point in time, he obtained another Master’s degree (MSc.) in the field of Business Administration from INSEAD business school in France.
During his career, he activities were many focused on customers in the pharmaceutical and auto mobile, steel and aluminium industries.
Furthermore, Peter Kraljic was engaged in personnel development within McKinsey & Company. In addition to his management position, he has written many scientific articles for publications such as Harvard Business Review and Le Figaro Economic. He was also engaged in other activities and has led special projects aimed at economic growth and work relief in Germany and France.
Peter Kraljic retired in 2002. At this moment Peter is an independent Non-Executive Director and member of the Board Audit Committee at Severstal.
Publications and books by Peter Kraljic et al.
- 2011. 5. Proceedings of the 17th CEEMAN Annual Conference: Management Education in a Changing World: Are We Ready for the Challenge?-Panel: Emerging Markets and the Changing Business Landscape. In CEEMAN Conference Proceedings (Vol. 19, p. 22). CEEMAN-Central and East European Management Development Association.
- 2010. What it takes to be globally competitive; education, innovation, values. In CEEMAN Conference Proceedings (Vol. 18, p. 52). CEEMAN-Central and East European Management Development Association.
- 2002. Moderene Dienstleistungen am Arbeitsmarkt. Vorschläge der Kommission zum Abbau der Arbeitslosigkeit und zur Umstrukturierung der Bundesanstalt für Arbeit.
- 1998. Managing transformation in Central and Eastern Europe: retrospective and perspective. Innowacja, 311-325.
- 1990. The economic gap separating East and West. Columbia Journal of World Business, 25(4), 14-19.
- 1988. Zukunftsorientierte Beschaffungs-und Versorgungsstrategie als Element der Unternehmensstrategie. In Handbuch Strategische Führung (pp. 477-497). Gabler Verlag.
- 1986. Gedanken zur Entwicklung einer zukunftsorientierten Beschaffungs-und Versorgungsstrategie. Beschaffung—ein Schwerpunkt der Unternehmensführung. Landsberg, 72-93.
- 1985. Versorgungsmanagement statt Einkauf. Harvard Manager, 7(1).
- 1984. From purchasing to supply management. The McKinsey Quarterly, 2, 17.
- 1983. Purchasing must become supply management. How Managers Can Guard Against Material Disruption by Formulating a Supply Strategy. Harvard Business Review, 107-117.
- 1977. Neue Wege im Beschaffungsmarketing. Manager Magazin, 7(11), 72-80.
How to cite this article:
Van Vliet, V. (2013). Peter Kraljic. Retrieved [insert date] from ToolsHero: https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/peter-kraljic/
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/peter-kraljic/”>toolshero: Peter Kraljic</a>
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?