Tony Buzan (1942) is a British psychologist and author of several books on the subject of memorizing and effectiveness.
He is best known for his Mind Mapping technique that helps you improve the way that your structure and memorize information.
He is also the developer of the famous Speed reading technique, which is a method to improve your reading speed.
Biography Tony Buzan
In 1964, Tony Buzan graduated from the University of British Columbia in psychology, English, Mathematics and the General Sciences.
As the inventor of Mind Mapping he is the world’s prominent expert on ‘Mental Literacy’.
On this subject, Tony Buzan has written over 100 bestselling books, translated into 150 languages and read by millions of people worldwide.
Tony Buzan is an expert in the field of the thinking process, creativity and innovation. Mind Mapping is used by approximately 250 million people.
Furthermore, Tony Buzan is an authority on the principles of learning, productivity and efficiency.
He has provided consulting services to large international organizations such as Microsoft, IBM, Walt Disney, Encyclopaedia Britannica, Barclays International, McLaren Technology, British Telecom, the Royal Mail, Goldman Sachs, Oracle, STABILO, BBC, BP, Liechtenstein Global Trust, etcetera.
Tony Buzan is also an excellent and recognized speaker in the field of the thinking process, creativity and innovation.
His mastery of his subjects coupled with his enthusiasm and engaging manner are characteristic for his seminars and presentations.
Famous quotes by Tony Buzan
- “Learning how to learn is life’s most important skill.”
- “Through using our memory to its fullest we can unlock the vast reservoir of human potential that isn’t currently being used.”
- “Did you know that you use less than 1% of your brain? The good news is that mind mapping can help you to access the other 99%!”
- “The mind map will change your life.”
- “The world is historically mentally illiterate.”
- “Even traditionally well educated and literate individuals are significantly restricted by the fact that they are able to use only a fraction of the biological and conceptual thinking tools which are available (the mind map).”
- “Normal linear note taking and writing will put you into a semi-hypnotic trance, while mind mapping will greatly enhance your left and right brain cognitive skills.”
- “As knowledge of the alphabet and its permutations and combinations is to traditional literacy, and as a knowledge of numbers and their permutations and combinations is to mathematics, so a knowledge of the biological and conceptual alphabets of the brain and its apparently infinite permutations and combinations is to mental literacy.”
- “The human brain has left and right brain symmetry with its own nature and can process information which initially appears to have no pattern or order. However, the brain has the ability to process visual information much more efficiently.”
- “The old linear pattern of thinking by reading and describing from left to right, top to bottom has many problems in organizing information coming from eyes, ears, etc. For example, the ability to read and understand the context of a book is different from memorizing them simply as sentences.”
- “During the renaissances in thinking led by Shakespeare and Goethe, the first new development in memory techniques for 1,700 years appeared: the Major System. This was the first system that enabled the user to transfer easily and instantaneously from numbers to letters, thus creating the opportunity for a system that could stretch from zero to an infinite number, and which allowed the user to translate any word into its own special number, and any number into its own special letter. This multiplied the opportunity for developing memory techniques 100-fold.”
Publications and books by Tony Buzan et al.
- 2013. Mind map handbook: The ultimate thinking tool. HarperCollins UK.
- 2013. Mind Maps for Business. Pearson UK.
- 2012. The power of spiritual intelligence: 10 ways to tap into your spiritual genius. HarperCollins UK.
- 2010. The mind map book: Unlock your creativity, boost your memory, change your life. Pearson BBC Active.
- 2006. Mind mapping. Pearson Education.
- 2006. The speed reading book. Pearson Education.
- 2006. Master your memory. Pearson Education.
- 2006. Use your head. BBC Books.
- 2005. Mind maps at work: how to be the best at your job and still have time to play.
- 2005. The ultimate book of mind maps: unlock your creativity, boost your memory, change your life. HarperCollins UK.
- 2003. Mind maps for kids. Thorsons.
- 2003. Head First: 10 ways to tap into your natural genius. Thorsons Pub.
- 2003. Use your head. BBC Active.
- 2002. How to mind map: The ultimate thinking tool that will change your life.
- 2001. The power of creative intelligence. HarperCollins UK.
- 1999. The brainsmart leader. Gower Publishing, Ltd.
- 1995. Brain Sell. Gower Publishing, Ltd.
- 1994. Buzan’s Book of Genius: And how to unleash your own. Vintage.
- 1993. The Mind Map Book How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximise Your Brain’s Untapped Potential. New York: Plume.
- 1993. The mind map book. Rajpal & Sons.
- 1991. Use your perfect memory: dramatic new techniques for improving your memory, based on the latest discoveries about the human brain. Penguin.
- 1986. Use your memory. BBC publications.
- 1985. Using both sides of your brain. New Dimensions Foundation.
- 1984. Make the most of your mind. Simon and Schuster.
- 1983. The Brain User’s Guide: A Handbook for Sorting Out Your Life. Dutton.
- 1982. Use your head. Rajpal & Sons.
- 1978. The evolving brain. New York: Holt, Rinehart & Winston.
- 1977. Speed memory. David and Charles.
- 1976. Use both sides of your brain. Dutton.
How to cite this article:
Van Vliet, V. (2012). Tony Buzan. Retrieved [insert date] from ToolsHero: https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/tony-buzan/
Add a link to this page on your website:
<a href=”https://www.toolshero.com/toolsheroes/tony-buzan/”>ToolsHero.com: Tony Buzan</a>
Did you find this article interesting?
Your rating is more than welcome or share this article via Social media!