Tips To Start The Year Off Right
A new year invites fresh beginnings. Whether you believe in New Year’s resolutions or not, a positive mindset along with setting goals can go a long way when it comes to leading a successful life. It is vital to get clear on what you wish to achieve in life, so you can make your dreams a reality.
As your desires can change over time, the start of a new calendar year makes for a great time to (re-)align yourself with what you truly want and set goals accordingly. A well-known method for goal setting is to make your goals SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Bound.
Using the SMART criteria makes it more likely that your goals will be achieved. And once you’re clear on your goals, you can create an action plan to bring them to life. The balance between achieving goals and caring about how those goals are achieved, is what defines effectiveness, according to Stephen Covey.
Covey developed 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, in order to be happier in life and more effective in achieving goals:
- Be proactive
- Begin with the end in mind
- Put first things first
- Think win-win
- Try to understand first before you want to be understood
- Work synergistically
- Keep the saw sharp
Covey’s work is the result of a long-term study into the principles of success.
Another influential author who wrote about the principles of success is Napoleon Hill. Based on his study and best-seller books The Law of Success (1928) and Think and Grow Rich (1937), he defined 17 principles that can lead to great success and personal achievement, which you can read more about here.
We have faith that these tips and linked articles will greatly assist you in setting your goals, achieving them and creating (more) success in your personal and professional life, in 2024 and beyond.
Resources to dive deeper
Should you want to dive deeper into personal success and goal setting, you can have a look at these courses:
- Napoleon Hill’s 13 Keys To Success (Think And Grow Rich) – Course + Certification.
- 50 Personal Development And Personal Productivity Skills – Course + Certification.
- Leadership Life Success Blueprint: Covey’s 7 Habits book based – Course + Certification.
Or follow a free masterclass to get started right away:
- Becoming Focused and Indistractable – Free Masterclass by Nir Eyal.
- The Business Freedom Blueprint – Free Masterclass by Eric Edmeades.
- Lifebook – a Lifestyle Design System and Online program.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?